- Beat Motion "Keeping the Beat #22"- Find ways to show the beat of the music on your body. Parents copy child. Child copy parents.
- Pitch Exploration "Propeller"- Pretend that you are sending a propellor to fly into the sky. Trace the path it flies with your voice and copy each other.
- Echo Song "Down by the Bay"- Sing each line of the song parent echoing child. Try again with child echoing parent.
- Simple Song "Fais Dodo"- Sing together, alone, take turns singing a verse, while showing how many friends on hand.
- Movement Exploration (body part leading) "Making Circles"- Make a circle with one finger. Make the same motion with your wrist, then elbow, shoulder, whole top of your body, etc. Try initiating a different motion this time like tapping or swinging.
- Movement for Form and Expression "Move It #4"- Have your child show you the choreographed moves to this song. Perform together.
- Arioso "Moo"- Oh no! You turned into a singing cow! Can you make up your own cow song? You can only use the word "Moo"!
- Beat Motion "Cobbler, Cobbler"- Sing song and add movements.
- Songtale "The Tailor and the Mouse"- Listen to the story together and follow along. Try to sing the story together.
Song Lyrics and Recordings
- Beat Motion "Keeping the Beat #22"-
- Pitch Exploration "Propeller"- no lyrics or recordings needed
- Echo Song "Down by the Bay"-
Down by the bay
Where the watermelons grow
Back to my home
I dare not go
For if I do
My mother would say
**Enter rhyme here like "Did you ever see a bear coming his hair?"
Down by the Bay!
- Simple Song "Fais Dodo"-
Fais dodo, and let us go dreaming
Fais dodo, come dreaming with me.
- Movement Exploration (body parts) "Making Circles"-
Music- Any music of your choice, here's what I like- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQHGpxrz-8
- Movement for Form and Expression "Move It #4"-
The kids know this one as the story of two jellyfish that sometimes get along and sometimes get grumpy with each other.
Part A- One hand (jellyfish) makes a grabbing motion pulsing upward, then downward. Do the same motions with the other hand. Then do the motions with both hands at the same time.
Part B- Swipe one hand across body and up. Do the same with the other. Do the same with both at the same time.
REPEAT MOTIONS FROM PART A AND B
Video- This is a fun one to use with scarves (or dish towels) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1tZjNKvVM
- Arioso "Moo"-
- Beat Motion "Cobbler, Cobbler"-
Lyrics to song-
Cobbler, cobbler, mend my shoe
Have it done by half past two
Too ra, Loo ra, Loo
Half past two is much to late
Have it done by half past eight
Too ra, Loo ra, Loo
- Songtale "The Tailor and the Mouse"-
Music, lyrics and book- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVzGwX-ap_s